This post is a duplicate of a page in my Carrall Street Journal.
I started a blog named The Carrall Street Journal in March 2006, and it has been an on and off activity for me. My original ideas for it are listed below. They were a little bit out of scope, and I began to see it simply as a vehicle for my own personal expression of life here in Gastown/DTES. As it was a very personal hyper-local blog, a place-based personal log of my observations, I’ve just now integrated all the posts from the old Carrall Street Journal here into my personal blog.
• The Carrall Street Journal documents people, events, development and transitions along Carrall Street.
• The Journal offers reflections on the physical and social developments as the greenway plans take hold and become a reality, and is open to any comments and community suggestions.
• Descriptions and profiles feature people, businesses, events and associations located on and near the street.
• The journal is volunteer-based and is an independent voice, with no particular affiliation.
• It doesn’t take any advertising, and isn’t commercial.
• Any member of the community can contribute to the discussion, as long as you have an email address to send from and to be contacted at.