Last week we met to begin discussing our new tea group, founded to promote tea culture in Vancouver.
We had sat up on the roof, sipping honeybush/rooibos that Liz brought along. Fionna gave us each some lovely Formosa Oolong to take home. Karen kindly looked at the silver tea pot that had been my mother’s and let me know it would make fine cups of tea indeed.
We brainstormed many ideas, with the central core being this:
- Tea is universal
- Tea is healthy
- Connecting with tea is a connection with the earth
- Due to our fast food culture, we are losing our own tastebuds
- Tea is connected to all peoples
- All tea is very ancient in origin
- There is a calmness about tea that we want to express
More to come, and if you wish to connect with us, please add a comment below.